Monday, October 14, 2019

Migraine Aura


Almost Everyone has probably experienced a headache or a migraine but there is something worst than that. Around 20 % of people with migraines also experience a more severe phase called the migraine aura. Unfortunately I'm part of that 20 % who experiences this phase. When I first experienced the migraine aura I lost visibility in my left eye, I felt numbness on my left arm and lips, and I couldn't talk or comprehend what others around me were saying. When I went to the hospital the doctors thought that I had brain damage because I wasn't communicating but, luckily it was just one of the symptoms of the migraine aura. I wouldn't even wish a migraine aura on my worst enemy. It's been a month since my last attack but at least now I am informed on what to do to control it next time it occurs.

10 comments:

  1. Yikes! Never heard of migraine aura. Thank you for sharing the 2 min video. Glad to see you recovered from your episode last month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is insane! Stay strong and get back to 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the information hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learn something new everyday, you have my blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOD!! I've been going to several doctors trying to figure out what the heck has been happening to me for months!!! I did blood work, an MRI, chest x-ray, and couldn't figure out what was going on. I usually get really light-headed and my vision begins to blur/darken and I have a pinching feeling at the center of my forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness. Its a pre-migraine before migraine. This sounds horrible. I'm glad you found something that helps you manage the onset of your migraine and check that out you even helped a fellow class mate find a possible solution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you don't get these too often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely hate migraines! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be honest I don't know if I had a migraine before, but that sounds terrifying.

    ReplyDelete